Friday, November 12, 2010

Jesus Christ's Invitation

Well first of all I am planning on doing a better job with my blog and updating it more often so please continue to read it.

Lately, I have been thinking a lot about our Savior Jesus Christ and about how He is always inviting us to come unto Him. As I have read through the Bible and the Book of Mormon I have noticed that his invitation to us can be found all throughout.

Let me show you a few examples of his loving invitations.

Let's start with the Bible.
Matthew 11:28–30
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my toke is easy, and my burden is light.
Rev. 3: 20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Now let's look at a few examples in the Book of Mormon, another testament of Christ.

3 Ne. 17: 7
Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered, or that are deaf, or that are afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I will heal them, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with
mercy.

It seems as though he doesn't care who we are right now, or where we are at in life. He knows the divine potential that is located within each and every one of us as sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father. He is always inviting us to come unto him. When we come unto him our burdens are made light. He will heal us. I have felt his healing power in my own life. None are too far gone. All the wrongs in our lives can be made right. He atoned for each and every one of us and knows us by name. He is our savior, He loves us, He is Jesus Christ. He is knocking on your door. Will YOU let Him in?

No comments:

Post a Comment