Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Blessing of Scripture

 When I was younger I understood I really didn't understand how important the scriptures were. I dreaded reading them because I usually didn't understand what was going on or what was being said. I do remember the spirit that the scriptures brought into my home though. When it was time to read the scriptures as a family it seemed to always bring peace and love.

Since then the scriptures have made a huge impact on my life. I can think of many occasions when the scriptures have brought comfort to my heart and changed my day. They truly are the word of God. I believe that there is more scripture than just the bible. God loves all of his children and has spoken to them all throughout time and will continue to speak to them. The Book of Mormon is another volume of scripture that testifies of Christ. It is the writings of people on the America's and their dealings with each other and God.

Some Reasons Why I Believe the Scriptures are Important
  • The scriptures enlarge our memory by helping us always to remember the Lord and our relationship to Him and the Father.
  • The Scriptures Are the Standard for Distinguishing Truth and Error
  • The Scriptures Bring Us to Christ, Our Redeemer
  • The central purpose of all scripture is to fill our souls with faith in God the Father and in His Son, Jesus Christ.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment